Photo and idea by Xenia Kuhn
I was looking for practical storage boxes for my home atelier and the stackable SAMLA boxes from IKEA were perfect for my needs. The Swedish retailer is famous for creating effective storage systems but even the smart SAMLA boxes need some improvement. There were 3 things that bothered me in design: the loose lids, the lack of label holder and the basic look. This fast and easy transformation makes the box more suitable in a creative working space, more unique and simply nicer to look at.
Stenciled Salad Bowl
[Spray paint project]
1. Turn the bowl upside down and place a rectangular label piece in the center of the bowl. The label piece should be big enough to hold the word you’ve chosen.
2. Spray carefully couple times over the label.
3. Wait until the color has dried, then remove the label.
5. The permanent spray paints are normally resistant up to 80°C but you still should hand wash the bowl.
7. Draw the initials/monogram with the permanent marker in the centre of the circle.
Ingredients for 4 popsicles:
1. Hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
3. Pour the mixture into popsicle bar molds, place the sticks and freeze until completely solid.
5. Once it has melted add the coconut oil to the glaze and mix until everything is smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate into a tall glass and wait until it has cooled down.
7. After 4 hours of freezing remove popsicles from the freezer.
8. Now quickly dip each popsicle into the chocolate topping, turning it to coat.
Because of the coconut oil the chocolate topping will harden in seconds.
For this project you will need:
3. The paint takes approx. 30 minutes to dry completely.
And there you have it – a beautiful decor idea created in 3 steps.